Bitkub Indices (“BITKUB” and “BITKUBDAY”) are a diversified digital asset index designed with the objective to offer a benchmark and a reflex of the movement of digital assets (the Underlying Components) traded on Bitkub Exchange.
You can click this link to enter Bitkub Index.
- The Bitkub Daily Index (“BITKUBDAY”) measures daily crypto exchange rates against Thai Baht for assets traded within Bitkub Exchange. Indices are computed daily, every day of the year. They are calculated at the end of every day and published at 05:00 PM (GMT+7), daily.
- The Bitkub Real-Time Index (“BITKUB”) measures daily crypto exchange rates against Thai Baht for assets traded within Bitkub Exchange. Indices are computed and published every minute, 24 hours per day, every day of the year.
Currently, you can access and check the Bitkub Index on the website only. The available timeframes are as follows:
- 6 timeframes are supported for BITKUBDAY: 1 month / 3 months / 6 months / 1 year / 3 years / all time.
- 4 timeframes are supported for BITKUB: 1 hour / 4 hours / 12 hours / 1 day.
Components of Bitkub Index
The underlying components of the Bitkub Index include all traded assets on the Bitkub Exchange that are eligible according to the methodology of the index.
How are the underlying components of the Bitkub Indices selected?
To be eligible as a Bitkub underlying component, each crypto asset needs to satisfy the following criteria:
- Be traded against Thai Baht (THB) on Bitkub Exchange,
- Is not a stablecoin or a fixed currency token,
- Has a market capitalization based on circulating supply available via the CoinGecko API,
- Outside of exceptional circumstances, underlying components are selected every month based on the eligibility requirements described above.
How are the Bitkub Indices calculated?
- The Bitkub Indices weightings are based on market capitalization.
- The Bitkub Indices are calculated based on price levels traded on Bitkub Exchange, and daily market capitalization data from CoinGecko.
- The Index is formulated as a weighted basket of coins. The index price base level is set to 100 starting on 1 January 2019.
Who made the Bitkub Indices?
The Index Sponsor is Bitkub Online Co., Ltd. while the index administrator and calculation agent are Compass Financial Technologies (France).
COMPASS is a swiss-based company focused on the design, calculation, and publication of market benchmarks, financial indices, and tailor-made quantitative investment strategies.
- The Company was created in 2017 with its head office in Lausanne, Switzerland. The COMPASS team provides its clients with innovative indices and accompanies them in each step of their index business development.
- Based on the unique experience of their team, they are one of the most innovative and reactive index service providers.
- COMPASS Financial Technologies manages hundreds of financial indices with several billion USD of investment products linked to those indices.
- COMPASS Financial Technologies (France) is registered as Benchmarks Administrator by the Autorité des Marchés Financiers (AMF) under the EU Benchmarks Regulation (EU BMR).
Can I invest in the Bitkub indices?
The Bitkub Indices are not digital assets or tokens, therefore, they cannot be purchased. However, the underlying assets or components can be traded on the Bitkub Exchange.
Why are indices important?
An index helps to measure the price movement of the basket of digital assets (the underlying components) traded on Bitkub Exchange using a standardized metric and methodology. Indexes in financial markets are often used as a benchmark to evaluate an investment’s performance against the market.
Thank you for your continued support.