Wanchain’s developers announced the upcoming hard fork to upgrade the network called “Jupiter”. It was expected to happen on 15th April 2021, around 07:00 AM (GMT+7).
The upgrade will enable many long-awaited features such as making Wanchain compatible with Ethereum, enable Wanchain’s Ethereum Layer-2 solution, and so on.
Although this is called a hard fork, there will be no new coins or token created from this event whatsoever. Here is the list of new features that come with Jupiter:
1. Enable compatibility between Wanchain and the EIP-155 protocol
2. Changes Wanchain’s Mainnet chain ID to 888
3. Changes Wanchain’s Testnet chain ID to 999
4. Enable Ethereum to Wanchain DApps migration for some DApps, including MetaMask, Remix, and Truffle
5. Enables Wanchain’s Ethereum Layer-2 solution
Reference: Wanchain Foundation