A parental consent letter and additional documents are required for customers aged 18-20 years old (Minor users). The parental consent letter gives us consent to collect, use, or disclose the personal data of the parent and the minor. You can see a list of the required documents below.
1. Parental consent letter
- The form must be printed out and filled up in all fields in physical handwriting by a parent.
- You can download the consent letter here, or from the attachment at the end of this article.
2. Proof of guardianship right
- Examples of acceptable documents: A Birth Certificate, House Registration (the page that shows the full name of the minor whose age is 18-20 years and the parent’s full name), or a Legal Guardianship Document of the minor, etc.
- In case you use a copy of one of the documents mentioned above, each copy must be certified as a true copy by the parent, and include the following sentence written by hand: “To use as an additional document for identity verification of the minor to register an account on Bitkub.com and give my consent to Bitkub.com to collect, use or disclose personal data of me and the minor.”
3. A selfie of the parent
- The parent takes a selfie of them holding their Thai ID card (for Thais) or passport (for foreigners), and a paper containing a handwritten phrase: “I hereby allow ... (minor's full name), the minor to register an account on Bitkub.com and give my consent to Bitkub.com to collect, use or disclose personal data of me and the minor.” Along with the parent's signature with pen only.
- The selfie must be clear and displays the parent's whole face and document (national ID card or passport). The details on the document must be clearly seen.
Example of the Consent Letter
Example of how to fill out the correct parental consent letter. Please print out the document and use handwriting only.
Example of a copy of House Registration that shows your name and parents certified as a true copy by the parent and includes a handwritten phrase: “To use as an additional document for identity verification of the minor to register an account on Bitkub.com and give my consent to Bitkub.com to collect, use or disclose personal data of me and the minor.”
Example of the parent's selfie (who signs the form)
- The term "guardian" refers to a father, a mother, or a person appointed by the court only.
- "Written at" in the parental consent letter should be specified, e.g. house number, village, Bitkub, etc.
- The name field in the first blank must be filled with the parent's name (Circle your name title and your relationship with the minor), while the second field is for the account owner (the minor). The parent must also fill in their first name and last name in parenthesis.
- A digital signature is not allowed.
- Your consent will be in effect on the date of the enforcement of the Personal Data Protection Act, B.E. 2562 (2019).
For minor accounts that require information updates
- In case you receive an email notification from us to request an account update, please proceed to submit the required documents (the 3 aforementioned ones) within 90 days after the issue date of the email. Should we not receive the documents within the specified period, such accounts will be temporarily deactivated.
- You can access your account as usual while our team verifies your documents (if you submit the documents within the given period).
- In case you receive an email from us with the email subject “เอกสารให้ความยินยอมของคุณไม่ผ่านการตรวจสอบ | Your Consent Documents Are Rejected”, please reply back to the said email to proceed with consent agreement and document uploading.