OTP or one-time password is an additional 6-digit password to increase the safety of your Bitkub account and you can use OTP along with the 2FA. You will be able to request OTP which the system will send to your mobile SMS after your phone number has been registered and verified.
Phone Number Registration
- For new users or users under KYC ongoing process
You can register your phone number with Bitkub while verifying the KYC. Once you are on the Identity Verification page, fill in all the information and click OTP Verify to verify your phone number.
The system will send the OTP digits to your registered phone number. Please obtain the digits from SMS sent to your phone and fill in the box within 2 minutes.
Once verified, the button OTP Verify will be changed to Verified and you will not be able to change the phone number. Click Next to continue the verification.
- For current users who already passed KYC verification
You will be able to set up OTP service through the setting page in your Bitkub account in the near future.
- If you enter the wrong OTP more than the limited times, the system will temporarily freeze the verification for safety purposes and you will be able to re-do it in 1 hour.
- You can use the foreign phone number for OTP verification. Please make sure to select the correct mobile code and enter your phone number.
- In case your phone number matches with another user's registered number, the person who successfully verifies OTP will be the only owner of that number in Bitkub system. Other users who cannot verify the phone number will receive a notification email to change the registered phone number. You can check on how to change the phone number in Bitkub account here.