OTP or one-time password is an additional 6-digit password to increase the safety of your Bitkub account and you can use OTP along with the 2FA. You will be able to request an OTP which the system will send to your mobile SMS after your phone number has been registered on your account and verified.
Phone Number Registration
- For new customers or customers with ongoing KYC verification
You can register your phone number with Bitkub while verifying the KYC. Once you are on the Identity Verification page, fill in all the information and click OTP Verify to verify your phone number.
The system will send the OTP digits to your registered phone number. Please obtain the digits from the SMS sent to your phone and fill in the box within 2 minutes.
Once verified, the button OTP Verify will change to Verified and you will not be able to change the phone number. Click Next to continue the verification.
- For current customers who already passed KYC verification
You will be able to set up an OTP function through the setting page in your Bitkub account in the near future.
- If you enter the wrong OTP more than the limited times, the system will temporarily freeze the verification for safety purposes and you will be able to re-do it in 1 hour.
- You can use a foreign phone number for OTP verification. Please make sure to select the correct country code and enter your phone number.
- In case your phone number matches an other customer's registered number, the person who successfully verifies OTP will be the only owner of that number in Bitkub system. The other customer who cannot verify the phone number will receive a notification email to change the registered phone number. You can check on how to change the phone number in Bitkub account here.