- February 2019 - Band Protocol closed its ICO with 3 million USD of initial fund which was provided by Sequoia, one of the biggest venture capital firms in India, and other companies like Dunamu & Partners and SeaX.
- 14th July 2020 - Neutrino, a stable coin, announced its cooperation with Band Protocol to develop a price data feeding system.
- 17th July 2020 - Bet Protocol, a gaming platform, announced that they are going to work together with Band Protocol to develop a betting platform for sports and E-sports.
- 23rd July 2020 - Band Protocol announced its cooperation with ICON, a leading blockchain network in South Korea, in order to support its network with Data Oracle.
- Before ICON cooperated with Band Protocol, they were using Chainlink for 6 months ahead. The cooperation with Band Protocol was to improve data variety.
- Chainlink is considered a rival network to Band Protocol due to its similarity in services. However, the Chainlink network is based on Ethereum, which uses the system called Proof-of-work. (Ethereum is going Proof-of-stake in Ethereum 2.0) In contrast, Band Protocol uses its own version of COSMOS blockchain called Band chain which adopts a Proof-of-stake system.
- 9th-10th August 2020 - The price of Band Protocol Token (BAND) soared significantly after Coinbase listed them on the exchange. Coinbase is the biggest cryptocurrency exchange in the U.S., so the market expected that some leading investors might take an interest in Band Protocol, so they followed buying in order to speculate for a profit.
BITKUB HELP CENTER