There are 2 methods to set up the 2FA (Two-factor Authentication or it can be called "2-step authentication") on your Bitkub application:
Method 1: Automatic method
Method 2: Manual method
Method 1: To set up the 2FA automatically (Automatic method)
1. Download and install the Google Authenticator application.
|Click to download (iOS)||Click to download (Android)|
2. Open your Bitkub application and log in to your account.
3. Tap on the “Setting” icon on the menu bar located at the bottom of the screen.
4. Select “2FA Setting”.
5. Select "Set up automatically".
Remark: For iOS 15 users, there is only 1 option available in this step which is "Set 2FA App Manually". Please select this option to continue to the next step.
6. Click “Confirm”. Your 2-step authenticator will ask if you want to add the app, click “Yes”.
7. Memorize the 6-digit code under the "Bitkub" section on the Google Authenticator application.
8. Open the Bitkub application > choose "Set up manually" > fill in the 6-digit code from Google Authenticator.
9. Click “Done” after the screen shows "Success" as a confirmation of enabling the 2FA.
Method 2: To set up the 2FA manually
A. Install the Google Authenticator application on your device.
B. After completing the installation, select “Enter a setup key” (or “Enter Manually”)on the Google Authenticator application.
C. Fill in the email address that is linked to your Bitkub account.
D. Fill in the key that you get from your Bitkub application.
E. Click “Add”.
F. Copy the 6-digit code from the Google Authenticator to fill in on your Bitkub application, and click "Enable 2-Factor".
G. Click "Done" when you will see the "Success" pop-up.
Once you return to the Setting page, you will see the tag for "2FA Setting" says "Active", which means your 2FA is successfully activated.
- After the 2FA setup is complete, you are strongly advised not to uninstall the Google Authenticator application, otherwise, your 2FA will be lost and you must follow the steps from this link to remove 2FA.
- After enabling the function successfully, you need to enter a 2FA code each time you log in or withdraw your assets.
Other related articles