There are 2 methods to set up the 2FA (Two-factor Authentication or it can be called "2-step authentication") on your Bitkub application: automatic and manual.
Method 1: To set up the 2FA automatically
1. Download and install the Google Authenticator application.
|Click to download (iOS)||Click to download (Android)|
2. Open your Bitkub app and log in to your account.
3. Tap on the “Setting” icon on the menu bar located at the bottom of the screen.
4. Select “2-Factor Authentication”.
5. Select "Set up automatically".
6. Click “Confirm”. Your 2-step authenticator will ask if you want to add the app. Click “YES”.
7. You will see a 6-digit code under the "Bitkub" section on the Google Authenticator app.
8. Open the Bitkub application and choose "Set up manually" and fill in the code from Google Authenticator.
9. Tap on the “Done” icon after you have seen the word "Success" as a confirmation of enabling the 2-step authentication.
After enabling the function successfully, you need to enter a 2FA code each time you log in or withdraw your funds.
Method 2: To set up the 2FA manually, please follow the instructions below.
A. Install the Google Authenticator app on your device.
B. After completing the installation, select “Enter a setup key” (or “Enter Manually”) on the Google Authenticator app.
C. Fill in the email address that is linked to your Bitkub account
D. Fill in the key that you get from your Bitkub app
E. Click “add”
F. Copy the code from the Google Authenticator to fill in on your Bitkub app, and click the green button to activate the 2FA function.
G. If the 2FA activation is complete, you will see the "Success" pop-up. Please click the green button to finish.
H. Once you return to the Setting page, you will see the tag for "2-Factor Authentication" says "Yes", which means your 2FA setting is now complete and active.
After this, you will need to fill in the 2FA key every time you log in and create a withdrawal request.
- You are strongly advised to back up/print the given QR code and store it in a safe place. You may still recover your account using these codes if you ever lose access to your 2FA.
- After the 2FA setup is complete, you are strongly advised not to uninstall the Google Authenticator application, otherwise, your 2FA will be lost and you must follow the steps from this link to remove 2FA.
How to set up the 2FA video
Other related articles